KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bridge to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Please remember to refer this site to your friends and advertise the site when you can. Only with your help, can this site grow and prosper.
Mod positions are now up for grabs unless previous mods return to the forums. They are GFX mod, FF Series Mod, KH Series Mod, RP Mod, Gaming General Mod. Apply in the designated forum if you want the job!
The forum is back from it's hiatus and you are welcomed back to the forum. This time, we must try to make this forum a fun experience for all!
The forum may undergo changes, so don't be alarmed if anything is out of the ordinary. Thank you.

Signatures and avatars! If needed, just click here and I will personally make you an avatar or signature, or both, to make you foruming even more awesome!

Mike Tanner Part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toucan-Cam
Nobody
Nobody
Toucan-Cam

Mike Tanner Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tanner Part 2   Mike Tanner Part 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:48 am

Essentially the first of 2 prequels to very large story, this and the next story set up the main plot and subplots of Story four (which I call season 2) I'll explain why when i post the first part.

9 Days after Mike leaves Nassau, his boat beaches on the mysterious
Yoshi's Island, and he inadvertently walks into something bigger than
anything he can imagine.

MIKE TANNER 2

Princess Peach looked out her window in tree top town, down into Donut Valley as night fell over Yoshi's island.

At last, The end of the war is near.

Too long she had watched the blood of yoshi's and koopas stain the floor of the valley. Too long had she watched Mario stroll off into battle every morning, praying for his safe return at night. Too long had she waited for the news the Koopas had been driven into a retreat. Yoshi had delivered the news they were so close to driving them off Yoshi’s island forever.

As she lay in her bed and began to fall asleep a hand clapped over her mouth. It lifted her up and dropped her into a sack. The other two picked up the sack. As peach thrashed about, one dropped a piece of paper, and the three rushed down the stairs carrying the sack, and disappeared into the night.

Miles away Mike Tanner was locked in a struggle of his own. A struggle to raise his boat’s storm canopy. “Okay,” he said running his finger across the instructions “sounds easy enough.”

The approaching storm had hit sooner than he thought. As he struggled to put up the poles, one came loose and konked him on the head, knocking him out.

When he woke up his boat had beached itself on a mysterious island. Deciding to explore, he pocketed his wallet, and picked up his Hattori Hanzo sword, and leapt over the edge, onto the beach.

He had just stepped onto the beach when he was surrounded by a group of dinosaur-like creatures, all armed with swords. Instinctively, he pulled out his.

“Who’sa goes there?” demanded the leading green dinosaur.

“My name is Mike Tanner.” He said, gripping his sword tighter.

“Me’sa no understand you’sa accent.” The green dinosaur shouted back.

“Me’sa Mike Tanner.” Mike said exasperated.

“State you'sa business Mike Tanner.” said the red one.

“I’m here looking for my sister.” Mike said.

The dinosaurs whispered between each other. “We’sa apologize Mike Tanner.” Said the green one,” We’sa princess was kidnapped last night. We’sa looking for clues to who’sa may have took her.”

“Yeah, well good luck with that. I have business to attend to myself.”

“Oh but you’sa must be hungry after such a long time sailing. Please, join us for dinner.”

“Ok whatever.” Mike said re-sheathing his sword.

“Oh, and by the way, me’sa name Yoshi” said the green one, “and these are me’sa pals, also named Yoshi.”

Rolls off the tongue I guess

The band of Yoshi's led Mike through the forest. Not looking forward to dinner, he hung back, not anxious to see what these dino-like creatures ate. The green one stopped in front of a tree, pulled a lever, and down dropped a rope ladder.

One by one the Yoshi's and Mike climbed up the side of the tree, until they reached the place referred to as Tree-Top Town. Mike had never seen anything like it. Throughout the forest the trees all where connected by rope-bridges. Each tree had a small hut built right into the trunk with an entrance on both sides. The trees were all lit up by oil lamps.

“So, Yoshi, where’s your place?” Mike asked, a little bit more anxious for dinner. Climbing up there had been hungry work.

“Oh, Me’sa place a short walk from here. Me’sa has biggest house in town. Me’sa and me’sa wife have big family.”

Yoshi wasn’t kidding. The minute they had entered his house and Yoshi shouted “Honey I’m home” his eight kids jumped on him, all happy to see him. His pink wife rushed them out into the living room, and helped him up.

“Who’s you’sa friend honey?” She asked pointing at Mike.

“I’m Mike Tanner,” he introduced himself. As he admired the place he realized how similar it was to his place on Destiny Islands. But unlike his place on the islands, this was on the 15th floor of a tree, and was a bit smaller. A couple things he didn’t get were how a tree had indoor plumbing and heating, and working power. But oh well.

“Kids you’sa food ready.” Mrs. Yoshi called once she finished setting the table. Mike looked down at his plate. “Lasagna?”

“Yea, we’sa having Mario and Luigi over tonight. They’sa Italian. Here they’sa come now.”

The two famous brothers came in through the door, removed their shoes, received a greeting from Yoshi, and with his grace, helped themselves to a plate of lasagna.

“Ok boys, before we’sa eat, we’sa say grace.” Mrs. Yoshi said as she finished folding her napkin.

Yoshi began

Loving Father, we’sa thank you’sa for this food,
And for all you’sa blessings to us.
Lord Jesus, come and be we’sa guest,
And take you’sa place at this table.
Holy Spirit, as this food feeds we’sa bodies,
So we’sa pray you’sa would nourish we’sa souls. Amen.

“Wow Yoshi,” Mario said, awestruck, “that was a ’beautiful.”

“So Mike, what are you a’ doing on the island?” Luigi asked. This had been a question that had been running through their minds since they had met him, but neither wanted to ask during such a lovely meal.

Mike told them the story about how he was looking for his sister, when he had been knocked out by the pole to put up his storm canopy. Luigi tried not to laugh; Mario didn’t seem to find it funny, the little Yoshi's were entranced and Yoshi had tried to eat a big wedge of watermelon and it had gotten stuck around his tongue and it looked like a huge smile.

The little Yoshi’s sat around the Lazy Boy Mike had dropped down in front of the TV in. Each of them paid no attention to Pulp Fiction on the TV. They were instead transfixed by Mike’s Hanzo sword, which lay sheathed across his lap. Luigi lay on the sofa with the remote and Mario had gone to get a jack to pry Yoshi's mouth open to remove the watermelon.

Judging by the sound coming from the kitchen that wasn’t going smoothly. Mike was starting to become interested in the movie, when he heard a pop noise, and a wedge of water melon went right into the TV. Both he and Luigi jumped up from their seat in surprise. Instinctively he unsheathed his Hanzo Sword.

The little Yoshi's stared at it. It’s shiny metal glow was amplified by the moonlight. Mario, and Yoshi came running in to see if the watermelon had broken the TV. Yoshi's face was stuck in a ridiculous smile, and Mario looked as stupefied as the little Yoshi's had.

“Is a’ that a Hattori Hanzo sword?” he asked. Mike nodded. He had gotten it off a woman in Knoxville. The price seemed quite unreasonable, until she told him the sword was the last one ever made by the legendary master.

“You’sa guys should get some rest,” Mrs. Yoshi said, “Mike, you’sa can have the spare room.”

“Thank you’sa Mrs. Yoshi.”

Mike placed his sword and his wallet on the bedside table. He fell into the bed and went right to sleep. His sleep lately had been plagued by nightmares. The same played in his head tonight. He could see two armies from atop a cliff. He then dropped into a Dark Realm beneath the valley, and saw his sister and this time, another wearing a pink dress; both digging up what appeared to be a door

Another thing new was the dark figure talking into a crystal ball. He wore a long black robe with a hood.

“Good Bowser. Can you have the other two we require by the next full moon?”

“Of course. We had a deal.”

“Good. You revive us, and we win you your war.”

“As we agreed, Bowser said.”

“Good, and remember, only take the purest of heart. Any heart of the slightest impurity will be useless to us.”

Everything else then melted away. Now he found himself in a great fountain. Out popped a fairy, surrounded by a green aura. He couldn’t see her face but he could hear her voice.

“What is thy desire?”

It was here he woke up. He realized something now. The Dinosaurs on one end of the field were Yoshi's. He reached into his wallet and pulled his sister’s picture. “Did you bring me here?” he whispered to it.

“So what you’sa saying is you think you’sa sister is on the island?”

“Yes, and your princess.” Mike replied across the breakfast table,” but that’s just a guess. The thought occurred to me because of the crown.”

“Then where is she?” asked Mario through a mouthful of oatmeal.

“Me’sa knows where to look!” Yoshi said pointing up in the air and declaring in a super-hero-like voice, “to the hall of legends!”

The hall of legends was a library filled with the collected folklore of the council of elders. As Yoshi perused the alphabetized shelves looking for F Mike whispered to Mario and Luigi, “what is he up to?” They shrugged.

“Aha! Me’sa found it!” Yoshi said sliding down the ladder clutching a scroll in his hands. He laid it on the table and unrolled it. Mike looked at it. It read: The oracle of secrets Farore relinquished her position ten years ago. According to legend, she preserved her spirit in her book. The books final resting place was sealed deep inside a mountain on the other side of a door that could only be opened by three keystones. The keystone of Light, the keystone of darkness and the keystone of Shadow.

“So you think we can find Mike’s sister and Princess Peach by finding this fountain?” Mario asked.

“Yes. Me’sa certain. It won’t be easy though.” he replied.

“Why is that?” Mike asked, wondering what Yoshi wasn’t telling them.

“Well you’sa see. The Keys are held by the three species that inhabit the island. The Yoshis, the Koopas and the Humans. We’sa can get our key from the elders, but the others, they’sa be difficult.”

“Well I suggest we get started.” Mike said, and striking a super hero pose, “quick to the old folks home! Wait, where is that?”

Yoshi led them to the rope bridge walkways for almost a mile. Finally the tired brothers and Mike felt a wave of relief splash over them as the walked up the stairs to the Home of the Elders.

“Absolutely not! You’sa cannot have the key of light!” Elder Mackiepenny said banging his hands on council’s table.

“But elder Mackiepenny Me’sa explained, we’sa need the key to find Princess Peach.”

“And Me’sa told you’sa no. We’sa have enough problems with the stolen potions from Granny’s cellar this morning…”

“wait,” Mike interrupted, “what if we got the potions back.?”

“You’sa speaking of the impossible boy. Nobody can stand up to Syrup the witch. What Miracle do you’sa possess?”

Mike pulled out his sword and flashed Hattori Hanzo’s emblem. Mackiepenny stared at it, perplexed.

“OK Sonny, You’sa have deal. You’sa get beck those potions from Syrup, and We’sa elders give you’sa the key.”

“Deal. Come on guys let’s go.” Mike said sheathing his sword.

“OK Mike I know you’sa means well but how will we’sa find the witch?” Yoshi asked trying to keep pace with Mike.

“I haven’t given it much thought but-MARIO LOOK OUT!”

Mario didn’t react fast enough and before he could scream, he was ploughed over by a girl on a broom wearing a pointy hat. She was thrown off her broom and Mario was thrown toward Mike, Yoshi, and Luigi, bowling them over and scattering their belongings.

“HEY!” the witch shouted struggling to her feet, “WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING! DO YOU REALIZE YOU HAVE JUST AFFRONTED MAPLE, APPRENTICE TO SYRUP THE WITCH?!”

“Uh-huh that’s fascinating bitch,” Mike said sitting up.

“HOW DARE YOU! JUST FOR THAT I THINK I’LL TAKE SOME OF YOUR STUFF!” she said taking off and picking up coins, bills, and mushrooms. ‘HA HA!,” she cackled, “NOW I HAVE EVEN MORE STUFF THAN BEFORE, SEE,YA!”

“Wow, what a bitch” Mario said getting up and lifting Luigi back on his feet.

“Me’sa gree, she coulda been watching where she was going.” Yoshi said standing up.

Mike paid no attention. He was frantically checking his pockets for something. The others turned around to see him emptying his pocket and heard him curse.

“THAT BITCH TOOK MY WALLET!” he shouted hurling his sword to the ground.

“Mike calm down.” Mario said, “what was in it?”

“My ID, My VISA Card, about two hundred dollars, and my sister’s picture.”

“Well we can get it back.” Luigi said.

“How? She’s probably miles away by now.”

“Nope,” he said pointing, “she just hit a tree.”

This was true. She had hit the tree and snapped her broom. Angered she hit the tree with an ice spell, killing it.

“Ok,” Mike said picking up his sword, “let’s follow her, and remember be very very quiet.”

Maple hovered a few feet above the floor of the Forest of Illusion not looking back once to see Mike and company following a few feet behind. Without warning Yoshi stepped on a twig snapping it.

Maple looked back, and saw nothing. Mike peeked around the corner of the tree they had taken cover behind. She had turned around and started to fly a little bit faster. Knowing she was oblivious to the fact she was being followed they followed her closer.

Miles ahead they spotted a cabin in the distance. Maple looked back again to make sure no-one was following her, and as far as she could tell, there was no-one. She touched down on the porch, dismounted her broom and entered.

Mike, Yoshi, and the Mario brothers pressed their faces up against the window. Maple was talking to an old wrinkled lady, also wearing a pointy hat. Mike and company were listening intently.

“Well Maple I can see there is still hope you may turn out alright. Not many witches could steal this anti-wrinkle potion from underneath granny Mackiepenny’s nose. May I ask how you did it?”

Not thinking, Mike had charged around the cabin to the front door, and kicked it open.

“I gotcha now bitch! Now gimme back my wallet!”

“Yeah, and the potions,” added Yoshi.

“Oh no, If you pathetic fools think you’re taking Grandma Mackiepenny’s anti-wrinkle cream, you’ve got another thing coming!” She raised the staff she’d been stirring the cauldron in the centre with into the air.

A ring of fire surrounded everyone, somehow not setting the cabin on fire. Maple mounted her broom and charged at Mike. Before he could swing his sword Yoshi's tongue shot out and grabbed the end of the handle, swinging maple around, and then sending her into the wall.

Enraged, Syrup began to fire off bursts of blue flame, hitting Yoshi and Mario on the butt, causing both of them to shout and scream and run around looking for a river or something.

Mike ripped out his sword and before Syrup could attack again, he sliced the end off the staff, and then with a well placed kick, knocked her into the concoction in the cauldron, third-degree burning her to death.

Yoshi and Luigi came back in as the ring of fire was dispelled and a crisp Mario fell over onto the floor. Mike sheathed the sword and picked up the green bottle that had thankfully not broken when Syrup dropped it.

“Well, that was easier than I thought it would be.” Mario wheezed.

“Well I wouldn’t dwell on it, “Mike said, “We got a long walk back.”

Meanwhile the robed figure that plagued Mike’s dreams stared again into his crystal ball. “Bowser” he said into it, “it’s Rive, can you hear me?”

“Yes my Lord,” came the gruff voice of the Koopa King.

“Good. It is time to move the plan a step ahead. Order your troops to begin their attack on Tree-top Town.”

“Me’sa not believe it, but we’sa had a deal Mr. Tanner. Here you’sa go, the Keystone of Light.” Elder Mackiepenny said and held out a glowing green crystal. The aforementioned Keystone.

“Elder Mackiepenny,” Mike said as the old Yoshi turned to leave the room, “I don’t suppose you could help us further?”

“Well of course, what help can I be?”

“Well I was just wondering if you knew where the other two keystones may be hidden.”

“Well me’sa knows where to look. To the hall of legends, away!”

Before they could leave Mike heard a scream from someone. The four of them rushed outside. Koopa troops were running about the bridges terrorizing citizens. A few of them turning swords on Yoshi's as they rushed to find help.

Mike and company rushed the citizen’s aide. Mike whipped out his sword, but before he could take a slash, Mario had jumped out in front and jumped on the koopa’s head, knocking him out of his shell. Yoshi looked up to see “Me’sa house on fire!” and ran off.

Mario picked up the shell, and teed it up on his foot like a football. Luigi punted it and it flew through the air. It landed on another Koopa, knocking him out cold.

Suddenly a Koopa behind Mike took a slash at Mike. He ducked and took a slash at the Koopa. The Koopa ducked and Mike’s sword struck an oil lamp, knocking it to the ground.

In the snap of a finger the tree was set ablaze. Mike and the Koopa paid no attention and they both erupted into a sword fight, as Yoshi ran around with a bucket of water in a desperate attempt to extinguish the blaze.

Mike forced the Koopa back toward the rope bridge. The Koopa parried each blow and began to retaliate. Suddenly the ropes holding up the bridge caught fire. Neither of them noticed and continued the vicious cycle of attacks and parries.

It took something going on over on the opposite bridge to catch their attention. They stopped stunned to see Yoshi running down the opposite bridge screaming, “Me’sa on fire!”

In an effort to extinguish himself, Yoshi began to do quick repetitions of stop drop roll. Those made him dizzy and he stepped into a bucket, causing him to stumble. An unfortunate Koopa was kicked by Yoshi, sending him flying into ten more koopas in the formation of a triangle.

Mike and The Koopa on the bridge heard the sound of a bowling strike, then turned to face each other. Sparks flew as their swords clashed again.

Suddenly the bridge’s rope gave out. The Koopa had no time to react and fell into Mike. Mike spiralled over backwards. As the bridge smacked into the adjoining tree, Mike grabbed the rope and held on tight as he could.

Miles below him he could hear the sound of an axe. He could see one Koopa with a chainsaw and the two with axes. Suddenly each Koopa below him began to cut down a tree.

He climbed all the way down the rope ladder, and jumped. “Hey!” he shouted at the Koopas., “get out of here!” They turned around, looked at him and charged him with their axes poised.

Oh Shit!

The first axe koopa lunged at him with it. Mike was ready and used his sword to cut off the head. The second one came and Mike stepped out of the way. The Koopa’s axe buried itself in the tree behind Mike, who jabbed his sword into him.

The third one tried to fight Mike, who had a sword with a chainsaw. He sliced at Mike, who blocked it and instead of reposting, ground against the sword. Sparks began to fly and just when it seemed the Koopa was making progress, a spark flew in his eye, causing his to drop the chainsaw. It spun around cutting his feet, he fell into it, and the saw slowly cut him into pieces as Mike walked away.

Mike stood back and watched as Tree Top Town fell down, and burnt to the ground. He called the names of his friends and got no response. He tried again and finally the Mario brothers marched out of the flames.

“Where’s Yoshi?” Mike demanded. The Marios began explaining Yoshi had stayed behind to help Elder Mackiepenny get out of tree top town. They said he would not leave without him.

Yoshi appeared out of the flames, pushing an unconscious Mackiepenny in a wheelchair. The others rushed over to him. “Yoshi, is he alive?” Mario asked.

Yoshi shook his head and tried desperately to wake Elder Mackiepenny. He woke, but had no strength left. “Quick elder, where is the Keystone of darkness?” Yoshi said.

As Mackiepenny’s strength drained completely, he whispered something in Yoshi's ear. Seconds later he died.

“Well, what did he say?” Luigi asked.

“We’sa find the keystone in Shelton.”

Alright then let’s go.” Mike said and pointed towards the horizon, “to Shelton.”

“To Shelton!” everyone echoed, each striking a super-hero pose.
Back to top Go down

Mike Tanner Part 2
Page 1 of 1