KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bridge to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Please remember to refer this site to your friends and advertise the site when you can. Only with your help, can this site grow and prosper.
Mod positions are now up for grabs unless previous mods return to the forums. They are GFX mod, FF Series Mod, KH Series Mod, RP Mod, Gaming General Mod. Apply in the designated forum if you want the job!
The forum is back from it's hiatus and you are welcomed back to the forum. This time, we must try to make this forum a fun experience for all!
The forum may undergo changes, so don't be alarmed if anything is out of the ordinary. Thank you.

Signatures and avatars! If needed, just click here and I will personally make you an avatar or signature, or both, to make you foruming even more awesome!

Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Toucan-Cam
Nobody
Nobody
Toucan-Cam

Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau   Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 7:29 am

First Story in a series of fan-fictions starring my original character
named Mike Tanner. I began writing the series a few years ago and after
lettign some people read it, decided there'd be no harm in posting it.
SO here's the first installment in the series which I plan to last at
least 7 stories.

CSI NAssau: Guest-Starring Sora, Kairi, Riku, Assorted Detective Conan Characters, and Big Bird.

MIKE TANNER: CSI NASSAU

“Well since you guys are ready to go I’ll meet you down at the pool.” Mike Tanner said to his two best friends, Sora and Kairi, who were sharing a room at the Paradise Islands resort in Nassau, for their vacation.

Sora was 14, and had spiked hair and wore red shorts and yellow shoes. Kairi was 14 also and had red hair and wore a purple skirt and a layered to with white on top and black underneath. The two left and disappeared down the hall.

Mike was 16, and had long brown hair, and wore tattered jeans. He had just begun to slip off his white muscle shirt, when he heard voice coming from the opposite room. Through the walls the conversation was hard to make out.

“I’m afraid I can not give you another extension. Our boss gave you two weeks to pay for the rest of the coke. You do not have the money, and that puts you in violation of your contract.”

“No wait! I can pay you next week! I just need to call Ernie and get him to send the other 20 grand! I can pay you 80 right now!” shouted a voice that sounded oddly familiar. It took him a minute but finally he placed it. Big Bird.

The sound of a gun shot was proof positive the offer had not been enough.

Mike ran out of the room and tried to open the door to the next one. Unable to budge the lock, he planted a kick on it, knocking it off it’s hinges. He burst into the room. Big Bird was lying on the floor with his arms and legs spread out awkwardly and his mouth was wide open, frozen in terror. On the drawer by the tv Mike noticed the weapon that had killed Big Bird. The berretta 49 lay there, still a little smoke curled around the barrel. Mike picked it up and examined it. This gun was issued to members of police departments around the world, but why would a police officer want to kill Big Bird?

The assailant had escaped, apparently out the window. Mike ran over to it and looked out.

I don’t believe this. He jumped from the third floor.

He clearly had though. Three floors down Mike surveyed the ground, and saw the killer running toward the front of the hotel. Mike raced out of the room, down the stairs and out the front door to the hotel, pushing a couple of tourists out of his way as he exited.

Across the street, the killer stopped and looked back, and realized Mike had just seen him. He turned around and tried to push through a crowd gathered watching the Junkanoo parade pass by.

Mike rushed across the street after him. He had to stop him before he reached the parade. Suddenly his cell phone rang in his pocket.

He answered it on the run, “Hello.”

It was Sora, “Mike, where are you? Kairi and I have been waiting for you for like 10 minutes.”

“Sora, listen to me, someone killed Big Bird, I’m running after him right now, call the cops.” He said breathing heavily into the phone as he ran.

“You’re chasing the killer? Mike! That’s really dangerous!”

Mike began trying to push his way through the crowd after the killer. But he was too late. The killer had pushed trough the Junknaoo drummers now and crossed the street. He was glaring at Mike across the parade now. Mike glared back for a second and decided it would best to go back to hotel and wait for the police to arrive.

When the police arrived they wasted no time in sealing off the crime scene and keeping out the press. They had asked Mike to stay and answer a few questions. Kairi had left, unable to stand the sight of Big Bird’s body. She had loved his show when she was little.

“I’m detective Koontz,” a burly man said greetingly, “you’re Mike Tanner, correct?”

“Yes”

“This is Rachel Moore, from our Crime Scene Investigation unit.”

She held out her hand to shake Mike’s. “I won’t take up too much of your time Mr. Tanner.

Oh you can take up as much of my time as you like

“Now, you said you overheard a conversation between the assailant and the victim minutes before he was shot. What about?”

“Um, drug money. They talked about coke you know cocai…”

“Yes I know coke is short for cocaine Mr. Tanner. My next question is did you pick up the murder weapon when you entered the crime scene?”

“Yes, but not on the trigger. When I picked it up looked for the manufacturer’s logo. It’s a popular cop gun.”

She pulled out a clipboard and wrote down Mike’s answers. She took down the details he had given her, his room number and name. “Thank you Mr. Tanner, you may go.”

“Just one more thing Mr. Tanner.” She said before he could turn around to leave, “What were you thinking chasing the killer?”

“I was trying to get a look at his face.”

As Mike left detective Koontz came up to Rachel. “So, is this Tanner guy our man?”

“The evidence doesn’t suggest so. His prints were the only ones on the murder weapon, but there are none on the trigger. He says he heard the assailant and victim talking about a cocaine deal, so he couldn’t have done it. Plus, he chased the killer.”

“And what makes you so sure of that? He coulda been the one who sold the over-size chicken the cocaine. And I for one, don’t believe a word of that “chased the killer story.” And might I mention that with cocaine involved that makes this a drug related incident, so you tell the people with forensics to hurry up before we have the DEA down here, understood Miss Moore?”

“Yes”

“I can’t believe someone would want to kill Big Bird” Kairi sounded depressed. They had all watched sesame street when they were young, even Mike. But why had Big Bird owed drug dealers money? Why would Big Bird sell drugs? Surely someone who had taught and entertained children for years wouldn’t succumb to the dark side of the entertainment world. But look what had happened to Barney.

“What I don’t get is that guy Detective Koontz. He seems to think I was somehow involved.”

“Don’t worry Mike, if Koontz wants to arrest you, he’ll have to get through us!” Sora piped up, “but right now, lets play some cards, I got 2 pair, beat that!”

“Full house” Mike laid his hand on the card table, “Kairi what have you got?”

Kairi, keeping her game face on, laid her hand on the table. Mike and Sora gasped. Four of a kind. She had beaten them for the fifth time that night, and had a good deal of their cash, and Sora made no attempt to talk her into another hand when she announced she was ready to retire.

Mike came away with the most money when it was just him and Sora. Sora was down to $15 from $50 when he decided to join Kairi. Mike stayed out on the balcony they had set up the card table on. He stared out at the flat ocean surface for a minute and then decided to turn in himself.

Meanwhile in her office Rachel Moore had fallen asleep on the crime scene photos. She was awakened by her desk phone’s ear splitting, annoying ring. Yawning she picked it up. “Hello?”

“Rachel, it’s Conan. I found Koontz’s employment record, like you asked. I’d just like to know one thing. What’s going on exactly?”

“At this point, nothing. I just don’t trust Detective Koontz. When he first heard about the murder he asked the captain for the case, and now he’s trying to close the investigation too quickly. There’s something going on, I can feel it.”

“Well Amy and I will begin looking over the record tomorrow morning, ok?”

“No. Do it now.” She said hanging up.

Sheesh Conan thought to himself doesn’t anyone say goodbye anymore?
Meanwhile, in a dimly light villa on the edge of the beach, a phone rang. A tired looking man who seemed fairly burly for his size lifted himself up from the couch and groggily reached for it. “Hello?” he said, too tired to be angered by the disturbance.

“Hello” Began a tape recorded message, “If you are unsatisfied with your current long distance plan, you may consider switching to…”

“NO!” The man shouted, slamming the phone onto the base. It began to ring before he could begin to get moving back to the couch. He picked it up again, “I ALREADY TOLD YOU PEOPLE TO GO TO HE…”

"I would advise you take a calmer tone with me number 5” the cold voice on the other end of the line said calmly, “I called to find out whether or not everything went smoothly this afternoon."

“Number one, my apologies,” the man said, “I just got a call from a telemarketer and I thought you were...”

“Quite alright,” number one said, “now did you incarcerate the target?”

“No, I’m afraid someone else stepped onto the crime scene, and the CSI team leader said there wasn’t proper evidence to arrest this person, Tanner is his name I believe.”

Number one was silent for a minute, as though thinking.” I shall call the members of the organization together tonight. Do nothing until you receive directions from me, understood?”

“Yes number one, crystal clear.”

“Good, sleep well number 5.”

“Thanks for bringing us out here Mike.” Sora said, “Kairi and I have always wanted to try scuba diving, we just never found the time.”

“Well I still think Scuba Bob’s rental rates are pretentious, business must be bad out here in the Bahamas.” Mike chuckled. He peered over the edge of his yacht size pontoon boat, trying to locate Kairi’s silhouette. “I’m glad I brought you two with me, the Bahamas wouldn’t be the same.”

“Yeah. It’s almost too perfect here. Just us three.”

“And a perfect place to execute the plan.” Mike added.

Sora spun around, stunned. “What p-plan?” he stammered.

“Come on man,” Mike said, as though he were a detective to talking to a guilty criminal, “It’s obvious you dig Kairi.

Sora gasped in shock. Mike didn’t understand the look on his face. He couldn’t have thought Mike wouldn’t figure it out. Ever since they had arrived Sora had always ordered an extra large drink with two straws, He and Kairi had been sharing the second bed, leaving Mike his own, and always buying her stuff. Mike had figured it out almost by the end of day one.

“Alright it’s true,” Sora said lowering his head, “I just don’t know how to tell her. We’ve been friends since we were little and I don’t wanna spoil that if she says yes and then we break up. Then things between us would be just awkward.”

“Well, you guys have done so much for me, I’m gonna take you guys out tonight. I know a great club downtown; you guys can buy a drink, dance, and have a good time.” Mike said. “it’s a great place to hook u…”

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Mike was interrupted by a terrified shriek. Kairi scrambled up the ladder as fast as she could. She threw herself over the edge and fell to the deck, breathing heavily.

“Kairi, what is it?” Sora asked, worriedly.

“There are sharks in there.!” She said still trying to catch her breath. Mike looked out over the edge of the boat. Yes indeed there were sharks, quite a few of them.

“Well Kairi what did you expect?” Mike asked, “This is the Bahamas.”

Meanwhile, on shore, number five answered his ringing cell phone. “Hello?”

“Number five, I trust you slept well?” the voice of number one said.

“A couple disturbances aside, yes.”

“Good, the organization has your orders regarding this Mike Tanner. Bring him and “the target” to us. No killing, we’ll keep it clean. But make sure you get the Keyblade.”

“Understood number one. Goodbye.” Number five said, and pressed the end button on the phone. He motioned to a couple of thugs to come over. He gave one of them a $100 bill and told him no killing.

“I guess we won’t need these then.” Both thugs handed him their Heckler and Koch p200.With a motion of his hand, he signaled them to keep the guns. “This Tanner will not go easily.” He said.

The thugs walked down the dock into Scuba Bob’s. He handed Bob the hundred dollars and was handed the key to a powerboat. He motioned to the other armed thug to board the boat with him. He gunned the engine and they headed off into the blue.

Meanwhile, back out on the boat, Sora and Mike struggled to lift the boats anchor. They seemed to be getting it up slowly until Kairi calling them caused them to drop it.

“Look guys, somebody’s coming.” She said, practically jumping up and down as she pointed to the quickly approaching speed boat. It was occupied by two men wearing no shirts and Malibu board shorts.

“Yo, can we help you dudes?” Mike shouted over the edge of the boat. The two strangers didn’t respond. They stopped their boat right next to Mike’s, and like they thought they were royalty, strolled aboard.

“Are you Mike Tanner?” one of them asked. Unsure of what to do, Mike shook his head. “Would you and your friend mind coming with us?”

“No. We only have this scuba stuff for another hour.”

The second thug pulled out his Heckler and pointed it at Mike, “oh, but we insist.” he said, sounding very uninviting. Mike could see Kairi inching toward the first thug.

“I hate to shatter your ego, but this isn’t the first time I’ve had a gun pointed at me” Mike said. The thug moved forward, not noticing Kairi.

“You don’t get in that god-damn boat it’ll be you’re last.”

“Oh I don’t think so.” Without warning Kairi’s foot connected with the thugs groin before he could pull the trigger. Mike lunged at him. The other thug leveled his Heckler at Mike and Sora punched him in the face as he fired, causing him to hit the boat he had come in. It began to fill up with water. “Hey punk!,” the thug shouted angrily pointing his gun at Sora’s head, “that was a rental!”

Mike meanwhile had gained the upper hand temporarily in the fight he was locked in. The thug gave him an uppercut, and he fell back into the other one, who dropped his gun overboard.

While Sora and Kairi beat the hell out of the first thug, Mike slowly forced the second one back. As he still tried to level his gun at Mike, he knocked it to the deck with a kick. The thug shoved Mike aside, and tried to reach for the gun. Mike’s foot connected with his face. As he reeled, Mike cupped one fist over the other and gave the thug an elbow right under his chin. The thug fell out of the boat. The blood coming from his nose had unfortunately attracted the shark, which came at him so fast he had little time to react and Kairi looked down as the water around the boat turned red.

Before anyone could say anything they noticed a ship coming towards them. This was no speedboat. It was instead an old galleon. The wreck of a ship looked the kind Kairi used to stuff into bottles for fun.

Sora had seen this ship before. He couldn't remember where though. What else, he couldn’t remember the name. Was it The Black something ending in rl, girl? Hurl? Pearl?
That was it PEARL. “Mike we gotta go!” he said panicking, “That’s the black pearl!”

The three of them began to lift up the heavy anchor, with no success. Mike grabbed the Heckler on the floor. With three carefully placed shots, the anchor fell into the blue. Mike tried to get the engine going, but it wouldn’t start. In horror he looked at the gas meter. The needle pointed to empty. “Shit! I really need to learn to keep an extra gas tank on this damn boat.” he said angrily. He pulled the clip out of the Heckler, which had about 9 rounds. Hardly enough for a pirate crew, but if he and his friends would have to make their last stand here they would throw the pirates one hell of a welcoming party. Under the seats Sora had found a knife, which he gave to Kairi and a katana for him.

Two people stood on the very tip of the bow. One had a braided beard and hair, and he wore layers upon layers of pirate garb, and unlike most pirates, had all four of his limbs. The other was dressed quite differently. He wore a yellow and black shirt and puffy blue pants, and his hair was grey. Sora recognized him immediately.

“Mike I know those two, don’t shoot!” he said lowering the katana, as Mike, confused, lowered the heckler. Sora and Kairi began trying to get the two person’s attention. Once the ship had drifted beside the boat the two jumped onto it.

“Jack! Riku!” Sora and Kairi ran over to them. Mike had now dropped the Heckler. He went over to meet them. Sora had been telling them about their vacation when Mike approached. “Oh and this is Mike, the guy who brought us out here. Mike these are my friends Jack Sparrow and Riku.”

“Captain Jack Sparrow.” Jack corrected.

“Pleasure to meet you both.” Mike said extending his hand shaking Riku’s hand first, then Jack’s.

“Where’s King Mickey? I thought he found you.” Riku asked. When the King had separated from Riku he said he would find Sora and bring him back to him.

“I called Goofy when we arrived. He said he and Donald would be coming soon.”

Even with the surface a puff of steam appeared and small steamboat emerged. Mike grabbed a pair of field binoculars from under one of the boat’s seats. He handed them to Sora, “friends of yours?” he asked.

As the boat came closer Sora managed to identify the three on board. “That’s Donald and Goofy and, oh my god it’s THE KING!”

“Where do you see Elvis?” Mike asked.

Mickey Mouse indeed was steering the small boat that was slowly approaching the Pearl and the SS Tanner as Mike called it. Needing to get their attention Mike reached for his flare gun from the bag. “Mike that’s not going to show up in the day.” Kairi said unable to believe the fact hadn’t occurred to Mike.

He fired a flare off. The flash didn’t show up but the sound could be heard from the deck of Steamboat Willie. Donald Duck, playing lookout shouted to Mickey, saying he had spotted a ship in distress. Mickey ordered Goofy to put more wood into the boiler to speed the boat up. They had to help the people aboard the sinking boat.

Seeing the boat speed up Mike began to rub in Kairi’s face that he had been right and she had been wrong, which he felt was nice change for once. Once the boat had reached the SS Tanner Goofy and Donald jumped aboard carrying buckets and began to bail water out, but there was none, which Kairi pointed out to them. An awkward look crossed their faces.

“We thought you were sinking.” Donald said hanging his head sheepishly.

“Yeah,” The King said entering the conversation, “there had to be danger, you fired off a distress flare, and when you fire off a distress flare it means you need help, wait, Sora who’s this ” he said pointing to Mike.

“Your majesty,” Kairi and Sora said bowing. Sora hit Mike on the back, whispering to him to bow. He did, confused.

“Okay you can get up now,” Mickey said, “now what seems to be the problem with your boat Sora?”

“It’s my boat your majesty,” Mike said, “It’s out of gas. We were hoping you could give us some, just enough to get to shore.”

“Well of course, Goofy knows how to siphon gas, just open your tank.”

Goofy went back to the steamboat, and placed a hose into the gas tank of the King’s steamboat. He began to suck the end, hoping the gas would travel up the hose and come out the end, so he could place the hose in Mike’s gas tank. He took too deep a breath and his mouth filled with the taste of gasoline. Quickly sticking the end of the hose into the tank he plunged his head into the water, taking giant gulps of sea water, trying to get the taste out. Mike pulled the hose out and let the rest of the gas go back into Mickey’s tank.

Goofy lifted his head out of the water. Choking on seawater Mike handed him a bottle of Stella Artois, the only beer he would drink. “This’ll get the taste out.” Goofy took a big swig of it. He couldn’t think of which tasted worse. He decided he’d take the beer over gas any day.

“Well I can see this has been a happy reunion for everyone. What say we all go out tonight and celebrate, have a few drinks, have a good time?” Mike suggested, “I know a great club we can all go to.”

“That sounds like a great idea,” Goofy said, looking down the barrel of the Heckler, not knowing what it was.

“Goofy!” Sora ran over to him, and grabbed the Heckler out of his hands, “you could have killed yourself! You woulda looked like this bottle,” he said shooting it. The glass shattered, spilling the beer. Goofy looked dumbfounded at the power of the weapon. Mike took it and put it in the bag under the seat.

Meanwhile the thug who had escaped reported back to number five, empty handed. “He killed Kenny, that bastard; I barely escaped with my life.” Number five was outraged by this. Not only would he have to tell number one he had lost a man, but that neither of them had gotten the location of the Keyblade, which they could not proceed without.

“What have you found out?” Number five asked.

“They’re planning on heading to a club called IKE’S tonight.”

“Ok I want you and numbers -1 -2 and -3 and Katya at the club tonight.” Number five said, “I shall call number one and inform him of this, and HE will decide your punishment.”

The thug shuddered at this. He knew what number one was capable of. He could have his heart stolen, or steal his soul, or, the other things that just thought of made him shudder.

IKE’S was about the first club any of them had sent foot in. Sora, Kairi, and Riku had gotten in because Mike’s uncle Mark was the manager. It was smoky and the lights gave it a purplish glow. The entertainment was people who were paid to impersonate famous celebrities. The last act left was an impersonation of Kelly Clarkson.

“OK folks,” an old man said, “Your final act,” he said lifting up the shaft of the microphone, “give a warm welcome to…” He dropped the mike on his foot, “YEEEEEEEOW! Kelly Clarkson!”

“Well Mike,” said King Mickey, “it’s rather modest but the entertainment is first rate!” He said laughing until he could barely breathe. That had been the funniest thing he’d seen in a while. A long while.

Meanwhile backstage the Kelly Clarkson impersonator had just opened the door to her dressing room and found herself staring down the barrel of a gun. The woman holding it forced her back in. “What do you want?” she asked terrified. The woman said nothing, just reached into her pocket for a roll of duct tape. She opened the closet, and pulled out the impersonators extra outfit.

Through the corner of her eye she saw the impersonator trying to creep out the door. She was stopped by a pistol whipping to the back of the head from the assassin. She left the impersonator in the room bound and gagged with the tape, and took the stage.

“Not a bad impersonation is it?” Mike asked across the table he and the group were seated at.

“Not really, she sings like shit.” Sora answered

“That’s what makes it a good impersonation.” Mike said, smirking.

“So Jack,” Sora began, “how did you happen upon Riku?”

“Well,” Jack began, “it was a dark and stormy night. My crew and I came upon the wreckage of a boat. When we searched it we found him floating on a plank. So we hauled him aboard and made him one of the crew. Not the most exciting tale is it?”

“No less exciting than Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.” Everyone at the table laughed. Once the ear splitting karaoke of “Because of you” had ended, Mike ran over to the jukebox and selected the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. The club was then filled with the smooth rhythm of Misrlou. The singer pulled out a walkie talkie “the target is here.”

Mike walked back to the table to find Kairi was gone. Sora pointed her out; she was on the dance floor dancing her heart out. The other strange thing was she was surprisingly good. Mike cleared his throat and asked to speak to Sora alone.

“Okay there’s a good song coming up,” he said leading him to the bar, “when it comes on, you ask Kairi to dance, and then you tell her you like her. Got That?”

Sora took a second to contemplate the risk, and Mike took a moment to order a tall glass of rum. Sora decided to follow what Mike said and declared, “I’m gonna bite the bullet, be a man, and I’m gonna ask her to be my girl frien-”

“Hey guys” Kairi popped up next to them, “how come you’re not dancing?”

“I don’t dance” Mike said, trying to leave room for Sora in the topic. Suddenly the velvety voice of Neil Diamond coming from the jukebox filled their ears.

“Hey I know this song!” Kairi said excited.

“Bah, I hate Neil Diamond” Mike said, pulling his drink from his lips and slamming the glass on the bar.

“I love Neil Diamond.” Sora said, realizing what Mike was doing.

Kairi ran her fingers through her red hair, as though considering what to do “do you want to dance?” she asked Sora.

“Sure.” He said and Kairi, filled with excitement, dragged him to the middle of the floor. They put their arms around each other and began to sway back and forth to rhythm of the song. The bartender came over just when Mike finished his drink and poured him another. He was about to take the bottle when Mike grabbed it and gave him a $20. More than enough for the last three glasses left in the bottle.

Across the room two men approached the bar. Riku, Jack, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey, watched them. One of them spoke to Mike, who just shot them a weird look.

Perhaps it was in his semi-drunken state, but he didn’t seem to know what they were talking about. “I’ll only ask one more time,” the man said, reaching for his gun, “where is the Keyblade?”

Meanwhile on the dance floor Kairi and Sora’s conversation had been worked up to where Sora wanted it to be. “Kairi,” he said,’ There’s something I need to tell you.”

“I think I know what it is. I just need to hear you say it.”

“Ok, Kairi, I love-”

He was interrupted by a loud shriek coming from two women at the bar. What had happened was the man with the gun had pulled it on Mike, and Mike had smashed the bottle of rum on his face. He grabbed the thug’s gun hand and turned it on the other one and fired, killing him. He let the other one fall to the ground.

“Get down!” Riku shouted to the others, who ducked under the table. Four more men had come in; each one pointed their guns at Mike. He dove behind the bar. “Sora!” he shouted, “do you know how to use one of these?” He tossed him the second thug’s HK.

“Yes” he said cocking it. He jumped up from behind the piano and pointed the gun towards the door. He fired three shots and got one of the gangsters in the legs.

“Hey,” Kairi said angrily, “why don’t I get a gun?”

With another well-placed shot from the barrel of Sora’s gun, the gangster who had come running in fell. He tripped causing the gun in his hand to fall out, sending it sliding across the floor. It stopped mere inches from the piano. Kairi grabbed it, and just as Sora ducked under the piano, she jumped up and fired, capping off one of the gangster’s between the eyes.

For that one second, everyone in the room seemed to stop. “Damn!” Mike said, almost dropping his gun. As the gun fight started up again Katya pulled out her gun. Hidden behind the curtain, she waited for the perfect moment to fire. It would be soon, since Sora had capped of another gangster and Mike, feeling the effects of the rum, could hit nothing but air.

“STAND STILL, YOU BASTARDS!” he shouted swaying, trying to hit them and at the same time taking a swig from a bottle he swiped.

The remaining gangster leapt over the bar, knocking Mike to the ground, sending his weapon sliding across the floor. Sora and Kairi pointed their guns in the direction of the bar, but neither of them had a shot. The gangster began choking Mike, and before thinking, Mike kneed him in the groin. The gangster tumbled over him. He got up and reached for the gun. As he staggered forward, he was kicked hard in the back and sent sprawling over it.

The gangster bent over to pick up the gun. Mike, on his back, rolled over kicking his leg out, hitting the gangster in the face. He crashed into the shelf where all the drinks sat. He looked up, and his eyes widened with fear. Bottles of vodka, whiskey, beer, cocktail mixes, more beer, rum, and every other drink in the bar fell onto him.

Assuming the situation had been resolved, Mike dragged himself over the bar. Realizing it was time, Katya burst from behind the curtain. Kairi had managed to warn Mike, who dove out of the way of the bullet.

“Oh my god! That bitch is shooting!” He said, raising his weapon.

“You don’t suppose it has something to do with what you said about her singing, do you?” Jack said, trying to quickly load his one-shooter. Sora tossed his loaded weapon to Mike. As Katya began to unload, Mike charged across the club, each bullet coming within inches of his feet.

As Mike returned fire, and Katya ran out of bullets, Riku and Goofy lifted the table, and Jack crouched under it. Katya, after reloading, fired at it frantically.

The bullets however were not strong enough to go through the surface of the table and she ran out of ammo. Jack popped up from behind the table once they had reached the stage. They dropped it, and Jack shot Katya, right in the heart.

Mike and the others rushed up to see who Jack had just killed. Mike didn’t recognize her, but he recognized the weapon. It, like his was a Heckler and Koch P200, like the one used by the thug, Kenny, and used by the 6 gangsters tonight, and now the Kelly Clarkson impersonator.

“Do you think she could be responsible for killing Big Bird?” Kairi asked, hoping they had come closer to solving the mystery of who killed him, and proving Mike’s innocence.

“No. Big Bird was murdered with a Beretta 92.” Mike said examining the gun.

Wait! The cops use those guns!

Mike remembered how menacing Detective Koontz had seemed with his uniform on. The deputies all carried those guns and the lieutenants. But the solution Mike had come to didn’t make sense.

A Cop killed Big Bird? Impossible.

“Look we better get back to the room,” Riku said, “we can think about this in the morning, but right now it might be a good idea to get some sleep.”

“Alright lets go.” Said Mickey, “oh, um Sora, where are you three staying?”

“The Paradise Island Hotel.” Sora said, “Were you planning on checking in?”

“Yes, and I imagine it’s almost full of tourists by now, lets go.”

Meanwhile, in her office, Rachel Moore sat at her desk, swamped with paperwork. Someone had called in that there had been a shark attack, and a body recovered. Mere inches from him, they had found a gun, which made it a murder case. She had sent it to the forensics lab, with no hope of finding prints.

Her phone rang. The tired voice of Conan delivered what she hoped was good news. “Rachel, I found something you’ll find interesting. Big Bird was killed with a berretta 92, the same gun used by the cops.”

Rachel was now closer than ever to figuring out what Koontz was up to. “And Koontz’s employee records…”

“Seem to be clean.” Conan finished, “he was investigated for botching a murder investigation until the suspect entered a confession.”

“I have a call to make. I’ll call you right back.”

She reached for a button on the phone that said Line 1. She picked up the receiver, but before she dialed she realized she was listening in on someone else’s conversation.

“What? He killed Katya? She was our top assassin. And the others?”

“No survivors.” said the other voice. It was gruff and authoritative. Rachel gasped, realizing who it was. She reached for the phone and dialed the Paradise Island Hotel number. The desk clerk answered.

“Connect me with Mike Tanner, please.” She said, hearing footsteps coming down the hall.

“Hello?” Mike answered, as everyone looked up, “Rachel, hi. Is something wrong?”
“Mike you’ve got to listen to me. Detective Koontz killed Big Bird, he ordered you killed twice. I heard him talking to someone, they want the Keyblade!”

“What?” Mike said, unable to believe he had been right about a cop killing Big Bird.
“Listen to me.” Rachel continued, “You have to get out of Nassau, protect the Keyblade at all costs, If Koontz gets hold of it he’ll use it to MMMPH!”

“Rachel? What’s going on?” Mike asked. He was answered by a dial tone, meaning the call had been disconnected. The phone rang again. “Rachel what was that all about?”

“It’s me you dunce!” Said detective Koontz, “and I heard Miss Moore tell you what I want, and now you’re going to bring it to me, or she dies.”

Mike covered the speaking end of the receiver. “Guys, it’s Koontz, he killed Big Bird. He has Rachel and now he wants the Keyblade.”

All three statements took them by surprise. “How do you want to do this?” he asked.

“Meet me in one hour at Prince Georges Wharf.” Bring Me the Keyblade and I’ll turn Rachel over to you.”

Mike hung up the phone. He told the group Koontz had Rachel and he would kill her if he didn’t get it.

“Well uh, if we gave him the Keyblade wouldn’t it just return to Sora?” said Goofy.

“Yeah, remember when we tried to hold it, if flew out of our hands and back to Sora.” Donald added.

“And that, gives me an idea.” Sora said, “Your Majesty, do you still have your Keyblade?”

“Never leave home without it.” The King said holding it out.

“Then I have a plan to get Rachel back. Here’s what we gotta do.”

Everyone huddled together and listened as Sora dictated every step of his plan, telling them who was to do what and when they were to do it.

It’s so crazy it just might work.

It was after hours at the police station as Detective Koontz forced Rachel down the hall at gunpoint towards the door, and out into the parking lot toward his car. He shoved her into the backseat, and walked over to the trunk. Reaching inside he pulled out a duffel bag.

Getting in the back he pointed his gun at Rachel. “Turn around” he ordered. Rachel obeyed and lay face down on the seat. Koontz reached into his bag and pulled out a roll of silver duct tape. He grabbed each of her wrists and bound them together behind her back with the duct tape.

He had re-holstered his gun to bind Rachel’s hands. Knowing this she began to struggle and shout. She was silenced by his hand clapping over her mouth. Suddenly her teeth clamped down on it.

“Ouch!” he shouted, and grabbed his gun and again put it to the back of Rachel’s head. He tore off another piece of tape, “close your lips!” he ordered jabbing her with the gun. She did and he sealed her mouth with the tape.

With her bound up, he sat her upright in the seat. “Always remember,” he said buckling the seatbelt, “to buckle up.” As Rachel began to struggle furiously at her bonds as Koontz climbed into the driver’s seat. He started the engine and drove toward the wharf.

He stopped at the parking lot for tourists. He checked his watch. They’d be arriving in five minutes. He dragged Rachel towards the end of the dock. When they arrived Koontz took out his gun and put it to Rachel’s head.

“Ok detective we have what you want, now give us Rachel.” Sora said.

“Hand me the Keyblade and I will gladly turn Rachel over to you.” Koontz said calmly and sounding in control. Realizing Sora was trying to call the shots, he took the gun from Rachel’s head and pointed it at him, “Now.”

“OK,” Sora tore off his shirt and out of him popped Mickey Mouse. At the same time Mickey at the back did the same, revealing he was actually Sora in disguise. Koontz didn’t react fast enough and Mickey’s Keyblade struck his gun, sending it into the water.

Mike bent over and Sora jumped on his back and into the air, landing behind Koontz, both he and Mickey had now pointed their Keyblades at Koontz. Mike stepped up and pulled out and cocked the Heckler and Koch pistol he had taken from the thug Kenny.

This cannot be happening. Koontz thought. Need a plan.

“You have not won yet, Tanner!” he declared and threw Rachel into the water. Mike dropped the Heckler and dove in behind her. Up on the dock Koontz kicked Mickey, sending him into the water, spun around, and kicked Sora in the stomach. He too fell into the water, dropping the Keyblade. Koontz picked it up, “boy number one’s going to be happy to see you” he said to it.

Suddenly he couldn't feel the Keyblade anymore, and saw it disappear, and he noticed it materializing in Sora's hand which had just broke the surface of the water.

“No!” Koontz shouted, realizing the situation had gotten away from him. Weaponless he saw Kairi had picked up the gun. He could steal it from her easily, and take back control. He lunged toward her, not realizing she had pointed the gun at him just as soon as she picked it up. The searing pain of a bullet filled his chest, and he staggered backwards. Another buried itself in his stomach. He fell backwards, dead.

“That was for Big Bird.” Kairi said triumphantly.

“Jack, Riku, help me get Rachel out of the water!” Mike shouted breaking the surface, cradling Rachel in his arms. Jack grabbed her legs and Riku grabbed her arms, and the both lifted her out of the water. Mickey had come up treading and Donald swam over and fished him out. Goofy lifted Sora out.

As Mike began to undo the tape around Rachel’s wrist Sora’s eye was caught by Koontz’s body. “Damn. Who killed Detective Koontz?” he said looking around. Kairi raised her hand slightly.

Off in the distance the sound of sirens caught their ears. The squad of Nassau police drove up to the tourist parking lot. Captain Douglas pulled out his megaphone, “This is the Nassau Police department, you are surrounded, drop your weapon and put your hands up.” Everyone did. Douglas slapped himself in the head, “not all of you, just the young lady.”

Two officers cuffed Kairi's hands behind her back and led her into the back of a patrol car. “You six come with me,” Captain Douglas said pointing to them, “I will have some questions for you. And Rachel, I expect your report first thing tomorrow.”

For the next half hour Captain Douglas listened attentively to the most bizarre story he had heard throughout his 21 year career. Koontz had asked him for the investigation, saying nothing would make him happier than to bring his child-hood hero's murderer to justice. Even with six witnesses to back it up, it was hard to believe it was just a line.

"Thank you. You may go, except Mr. Sparrow and um, Riku right?"

"Captain Sparrow," Jack corrected through gritted teeth.

"Whatever, your boat is moored at a reserved dock, I'm afraid that merits a parking ticket." Jack slid three gold coins across the table to Douglas, "that should about cover it."

"What about Kairi?" Sora said getting up from his chair.

"I shall have her released immediately" Douglas said and walked out.

Back in the front desk at the police station Mike looked at his watch. So much for immediately. They had been waiting for almost 15 minutes. Mickey was trying his best no to fall asleep. Sora paced the floor anxiously. Suddenly the door leading into the cell block opened. "Kairi!" Sora ran to the door, right into a huge muscled guy with about a hundred tattoos. The man batted Sora out of the way with his powerful right hand, sending him into the wall.

About fifteen minutes later the door opened again. Sora didn't run to it this time for fear of repeating the huge guy incident. Kairi walked through the door, over to Mike. "Where's Sora?" she asked. Mike pointed over to the wall Sora saw her and got out of his indent in the wall. As they wrapped their arms around each other Mike signaled to the others it was time to leave and let them have their moment.

It was about fifteen minutes after they had been left Sora and Kairi returned to the room to find Mike and Jack hanging over the beds, quickly drinking a bottle of rum, as Goofy, Riku, Donald and Mickey, hopped up and down singing "a pirates life for me." Jack and Mike pulled the bottles from their lips just a second apart from each other.

"See Mike? I told you'd never out-drink me. I'm Saptain Cack Jarrow. Spavvy?"

"Mike," Sora asked, "did you drink that whole bottle?"

Mike nodded no, "just half of it." he said as he toppled backwards off the bed. As he got up Mickey and Goofy lifted Jack up, and began trying to guide him to their room. Kairi shot Mike a disappointed look, "How come every time we turn our backs, you have to go off and get drunk."

Mike was now on his feet, "I'm not drunk, besides isn't this the perfect time to celebrate isn't it? We won!"

Sora looked over at the clock on the bedside table. It was now 2 AM. Deciding to shut everything down he told Mike the celebration was over, told Kairi he was going to bed, and went to brush his teeth. Mike dropped onto his bed, unable to keep his eyes open. He fell asleep just as Kairi turned off the lights.

Inside Mike's unconscious mind trouble brewed. He was looking out over a vast field. On one side a large army of turtle-like creatures armed with swords and shields, marched across the plain. On the other side, an army of dinosaur-like creatures of every color of the rainbow, stuck up their spears, and their archers, stood poised at the top of the cliff, ready to fire. Suddenly, the ground underneath him opened. He began to fall deep into the ground. Miles beneath the field he walked into a whole new realm.

It was not a dream world he had entered. No light filtered it's way down to the dim twilight. He wandered through the dark tunnel, and came upon the most hellish sight he had ever seen. As he looked around he noticed what appeared to be the construction site of a tunnel that went upward. Throughout the entire realm he could hear the skeletons of dead turtle-like creatures all of which cracked whips at the workers, who Mike could see were human.

The worker that caught his eye seemed familiar. She looked to be about thirteen, and she seemed oddly familiar, like someone he had lost long ago.

Kyla?

Mike watched in horror as she fell to her knees, exhausted. One of the supervisors cracked his whip, hitting her in the back. She fell to the ground. "get up!" The turtle skeleton shouted, cracking the whip again. Mike looked closely at her face. She was crying, her face wrinkled in pain. Trying to catch her breath the whip struck her again. Breathing hard, she looked over at Mike. Her eyes welled with tears. "Mike?" she said looking at him.

When his name escaped her lips everything began to dissolve, becoming a swirling torrent of confusion as he reached his hand out to help her. He woke, terrified. He felt as though he couldn't breathe. Breathing hard, he closed his eyes, trying to recall the image in his head. He had almost recalled it, when he was interrupted by a flash of light.

Kairi came out of the bathroom, and around the corner, on her way back to bed when she heard Mike's panicked breathing. "Mike? Did you have a bad dream?" she asked, concerned. Mike couldn't answer. Had what he'd seen been a dream, or more?

"Yes. The worst kind." he said, his breathing becoming steadier. He wasn't quite sure if this was the right answer. He couldn't help feeling it had been more than a dream.

Kairi sat down on the bed beside him, "tell me." Mike thought hard about how to begin. He decided to start from the beginning at the battle. The dark world and the girl. "I think the girl was my sister. I know it was."

"But Mike," Kairi said,” you told me your sister was dead."

Mike remembered. He had taken his sister Kyla to Destiny Islands on a fishing trip four years ago in his boat. But before they could return to the shore, a storm had hit. Kyla had been swept off the boat by a wave and seemingly lost to the sea forever. Mike was the only one who refused to believe she was dead. The belief she was still alive was now stronger than ever. He was beginning to think she was trying to reach him.

"We can talk about this later." Kairi said yawning, "I'm going back to bed."

"Kairi, there’s one more thing I wanna tell you."

"What?" she said pulling the covers over her.

"I wanted to apologize for screwing up your romantic evening at the club tonight."

"What do you mean?" She asked, confused at what he meant by romantic evening.

"I was the one who told Sora to tell you how he feels about you. Then I went and screwed up your dance by starting that fight. I'm sorry."

Kairi looked over at Sora, sound asleep. "What was he going to tell me?"

Mike took a deep breath. "He told me once exactly what he wanted to tell you. He said, you were everything to him, that if anything ever happened to you he'd be lost. He told me about when you came to Destiny Islands. He said it was the happiest day of his life."

"He said that? That's so sweet." Kairi said, touched.

"Yeah whatever," Mike said and rolled over and went back to sleep. The dream did not return and he slept soundly. It was 8:00 Am when he woke up. Even though he had not dreamt again that night his unconscious mind still spoke to him. "Kyla is alive," it had said, "go to her now." Stepping into his favorite pair of wrangler and throwing on his shirt, he walked down the hall, out of the hotel and down the street to his Uncle Mark's dock, where the SS Tanner was moored.

As he began to undo the mooring ropes a familiar voice asked, "need some help?" Mike looked up to see Sora, Kairi and Riku, standing over him.

"Oh, hey guys." he said, sounding tired. One each side of him, his friends began to undo the ropes that held the boat to the dock.

"Hey Mike," Sora asked, "Why are you in such a hurry to leave?"

Mike began to explain the dream, but he could only remember the most important things. The rest had begun to fade gradually over night. Mike explained he had to find Kyla, and his certainty that she was alive. "I'll tell you what," he began, "when I do find her we'll come back to the islands and settle down there. I'm talking a lifetime vacation. All of us we'll never have any problems at all. Sound good?"

"Yeah Mike that sounds great.” all three of them said.

"Alright," Mike said boarding the boat and starting the engine, "and Kairi, you and Sora take care." he said, and began to sail off into the sunrise. Sora shot him a bewildered gaze, "Do you know what he was talking about?" he asked Kairi.

Kairi began to explain that Mike had told her what he never got to say at the club. Sora blushed, “that wasn't entirely the best day of my life, today is." He finished and kissed her.

"Uh guys, I'm right here." Riku said, grossed out.

Sora tore his lips from Kairi's, "I'm not kissing you!"
Back to top Go down
Long
Organization Seasoned Member
Organization Seasoned Member
Long

Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau   Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:52 am

Very interesting! The fight scene at the club really kept me captivated; it was fun! The end was a shocker, too!
Back to top Go down

Mike Tanner : CSI Nassau
Page 1 of 1