KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Welcome back to the forums or if you are new, dont hesitate to register to our growing community :D I hope that you can stay active, advertise when you can, and have a great time.
KH Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bridge to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Please remember to refer this site to your friends and advertise the site when you can. Only with your help, can this site grow and prosper.
Mod positions are now up for grabs unless previous mods return to the forums. They are GFX mod, FF Series Mod, KH Series Mod, RP Mod, Gaming General Mod. Apply in the designated forum if you want the job!
The forum is back from it's hiatus and you are welcomed back to the forum. This time, we must try to make this forum a fun experience for all!
The forum may undergo changes, so don't be alarmed if anything is out of the ordinary. Thank you.

Signatures and avatars! If needed, just click here and I will personally make you an avatar or signature, or both, to make you foruming even more awesome!

Was Sephiroth really wrong?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roxas
No.XIII
No.XIII
Roxas

Was Sephiroth really wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:15 am

I mean, I know that he wanted to destroy the world and all, but maybe the world made him what he was. Professor Hojo did anyway. He did all that stuff to his real mother, Lucrecia, and caused Sephiroth to be the monster that he was after misinterpreting the origns of his creation.
Back to top Go down
https://khfantasy.forumotion.com
Sai-ryo
Organization New Member
Organization New Member
Sai-ryo

PostSubject: Re: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 am

In Crisis Core, Sephiroth wasn't evil until the event's at Nibleheim when Sephiroth began to think his 'mother', JENOVA, was really the monster in the mako power plant. If it wasn't for that event, Sephiroth may have never gone down the path he did. Plus, it didn't help that his two friends at the time, Genesis and Angeal, ended up going slightly insane when they found out the truth of their own creations.

He had tried his best to believe that what he was doing was right and Zack was helping him go in the right direction, but soon that train of thought became a train-wreck of fragmented facts and the lies Hojo had woven into his mind as the truth.

So all in all, No, I don't think he was wrong, he was more of the puppet then the puppetmaster in the end. He may have felt the way Angeal did, and did what he though a monster like him shoud do: Destroy the World. That maybe why in the end of FF7, he allowed Cloud to defeat him so easily, cause without JENOVA pulling his strings, he was like the Sephiroth of the past before the Nibleheim events, and wanted nothing more then to have Cloud end it.

The Sephiroth of AC is more like the one JENOVA created, a false Sephiroth driven by nothing more then his insanity and JENOVA's will to destroy the Planet.

I believe that make's sense, right?
Back to top Go down
Roxas
No.XIII
No.XIII
Roxas

PostSubject: Re: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:27 am

Exactly, that makes perfect sense. Genesis is the one that led him on into delving into his past and then misinterpreting his origin. I am not so sure he let Cloud beat him in that mental fight. I think Cloud overcame him and drove him out. Sephiroth wouldnt have pulled cloud into the lifestream just to lose to him. Hojo is really the puppetmaster that turned Sephiroth into his powerful puppet. AC Sephiroth seemed different then FFVII Seph in the sense that he wanted to use the planet just like his "mom" whereas in FFVII, he wanted to destroy the world like she intended to. He is just driven by her, which has caused him to go insane.
Back to top Go down
https://khfantasy.forumotion.com
Sai-ryo
Organization New Member
Organization New Member
Sai-ryo

PostSubject: Re: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 am

True... But I wonder what they have planned for Sephiroth and Cloud in the future cause, though I know not many liked Dirge Of Cerberus, the secret ending maybe a clear impression that something is coming and I have a feeling it maybe him that really prove's if the 'Sephiroth' after AC is the real one, still under JENOVA's control, or if it's a false 'Sephiroth' who wouldn't know Genesis as a friend. But at the same time, we don't know exactly what happened to Genesis after CC, so we don't even know if he's still 'sane' or even remembers Sephiroth as who he once was.
Maybe that's why we don't have a FF7 remake, cause Square-Enix is making a secret new FF7 game that happen's after DoC.
Okay, a little off subject there, but really, I think if only Zack was able to save Angeal and Genesis before it drove Sephiroth to that point of no return, I think it could have been a very different story... Sephiroth may have very well stayed 'sane', well... As sane as you can with a man like Hojo poking or injecting you with something every chance he get's... -__-;;
Back to top Go down
SimplySabra
Organization New Member
Organization New Member
SimplySabra

PostSubject: Re: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:36 am

Well, just looking at the FF7 Original perspective, he's the ultimate villain of all time. He's cold, heartless, and did what most other villains never think of. Looking at the spin offs, they try to make him look not quite innocent, but sorta anti-hero. To me, that ruined Sephiroth for me. I like the FF7 Original game without the spin offs more than with the spin offs, not that the spin offs weren't fun or anything. It's just that I meet tons of kids who take what the spin offs say more than the original story because they couldn't get past bad graphics of the original game. Their whole logic of the story is skewed. I prefer the FF7 storyline without the spin offs. IMO the spin offs were like mere afterthoughts anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Sephiroth really wrong?   Was Sephiroth really wrong? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Sephiroth really wrong?
Page 1 of 1